Arnot Art Museum's Gallery Gala Paintings

I had 3 paintings at the Arnot Art  museum's biennial gallery gala art exhibition and below are two of them.   
9 x 12 , oil on board, Rainy day near Rockwell Museum

Though I am not much into painting modern objects, the play of lights on the road on rainy days excites me.  This is one of my many rainy day paintings. 

                                                  12 x 24 , oil on board, Airport Landscape

For many mornings on my ride back home from my daughter's school, I saw this perfectly highlighted plane framed by the blue hills in the distance, with clouds weaving through them at the Elmira Corning airport.  Even though I love flying, the thought of painting "metal" planes didn't excite me.  However this unique picture of man made beauty juxtaposed against nature kept enticing me till I couldn't resist it anymore.

Comments

  1. I love your painting . . .it was really terrific by looking at it. . thanks a lot for showing it..

    Hawaii Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun choosing this particular painting online that now hangs in my downtown office, from Wahooart.co, who sells canvas prints of art masterpieces. While the original is treasured in some art museum in England, my print http://EN.WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/Opra/BRUE-8LHS4U, of this painting by Edward Burne-Jones is very much appreciated by my staff and clients. The print quality is really excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts